Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch at First Baptist


The Theme for our week at VBS.....simple and to the point!

Mimi and I taught Mary Bradford's class...what fun to get to hear the questions and responses of these 6 and 7 year olds to all the Bible stories! They were great and seemed to learn so much by the end of the week PLUS have fun too!






Gray invited her sweet friend Mary Bibb.....this was the 1st year they came to worship really and participated in all the rotations! I think they knew the songs and motions as quick as most of the big kids!


Our VBS songs are always wonderful but this year was exceptional! The words will always stick in my head (and yes we are still listening to the cd in my car but that is not why)...but because they go right along with our daily bible verses from our week......
*I am who HE says I Am....*God Cares.....*Like JESUS......*I know what I'm gonna do (to live in ways that honor you)



And yes Bug chose to wear her cowgirl costume Mimi made to really get into this year's theme...and loves our sweet preacher so caught him one day for me to get a quick picture...thanks Dr. Hurt!



On family night we had a special guest "The Christian Cowboy" who did some really neat tricks while talking to us about the special gift we all share: God's love. He then led us to the Rock and along with the gang from the Guinness Book of World Records BROKE a record of balancing a 58 foot pole on his chin......WOW, pretty neat!

No comments: